- Despite demographic and content differences, business and entertainment news users are highly receptive to in-feed sponsored content if it is relevant, authoritative and trustworthy.
- General news users are the least receptive but also said that they can have a positive experience if the advertising is relevant, authoritative and trustworthy.
- Well done sponsored content can enhance the credibility of the site and the site’s credibly can enhance the perceived credibility of the in-feed sponsored content (33% lift in perceived credibility of the sponsored content when on credibly perceived news site)
- The fit between the site and the brand is critical to success with consumers.
- In-feed sponsored content is least useful for generating new brand awareness.
- In-feed sponsored content is most useful for established brands that seek to enhance and differentiate their image, deepen existing consumer relationships, to launch brand extensions.
- The best in-feed sponsored content tells a story and fulfills the human need for a compelling narrative.
Posted on Monday, July 28th 2014